Proposals that enhance access to, or within sustainable fishing or aquaculture sites should be supported.
1. Proposals should identify what types of fishing activities occur within the proposal area and provide evidence which illustates how the proposal may enhance access or support access to sustainable fishing or aquaculture sites.
2. Understanding and responding to activity patterns can help reduce potential impacts to the fishing industry. The following organisations can possibly help identify areas of fishing or aquaculture activity and any opportunities to improve access to them:
- Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities (Devon and Severn, Southern, Sussex)
- Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
- National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations
- New Under Ten Fishermen's Association
- North Western Waters Advisory Council - English Channel Working Group
3. Co-existence and fisheries liaison plans or other evidence of discussion with stakeholders can be included. Discussion is most appropriate when undertaken early in the process.
4. Fisheries Liaison with Offshore Wind and Wet Renewables group (FLOW). Provided guidance on liaison with the fishing industry during EIA and on managing fishing industry interactions.