Proposals that enable the provision of infrastructure for sustainable fisheries and aquaculture and related industries will be supported.
- Proposals should enable the provision of infrastructure for sustainable fisheries, aquaculture and related industries. Additional information should be included which illustrate how proposals are supportive.
- The following organisations can help understand how a proposal could support sustainable infrastructure for aquaculture and fisheries.
- Seafish: advice on the distribution and requirements of capture fisheries and aquaculture industry
- Shellfish Association of Great Britain: advice on shellfish specific fisheries and aquaculture requirements
- Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities :detailed knowledge of local fisheries and aquaculture operation
- Sustainable aquaculture and fisheries infrastructure to consider could include:
- ports and harbours with offloading facilities (vessel berths for dry goods landing)
- storage and processing facilities (including depuration plants for shellfish and storage for wet fish, dry goods and other produce)
- repair and chandlery facilities
- local food establishments
- transport of produce to shore and once on shore (logistics companies)
- supporting structures at sea such as ropes or cages or similar fixed structures