Activities that can deliver an improvement to water quality should be supported wherever practical.
- Proposals should show how they maintain or enhance habitats and groups of species that help maintain water quality.
- Proposals should show where activities and developments will take place in relation to these habitats and species, including maps.
- Natural England's Marine ecosystem services record can provide more details on habitats and species that are beneficial for water quality.
- Natural England and JNCC are available to provide more information and advice on how to enhance habitats and species that are beneficial for water quality.
- Proposals should include any consultation and advice from Natural England and JNCC.