Proposals resulting in a net increase to marine related employment will be supported, particularly where they are in line with the skills available in and adjacent to the south marine plan areas.
- Proposals should show how they will increase marine related employment, including jobs that will use the skills available in and adjacent to the south marine plan area.
- Increases in employment can be direct and indirect.
- Proposals should include details of any indirect employment, including where the employment is.
- A definition of employment is available from the Office for National Statistics.
- The MMO report 'Maximising the socio-economic benefits of marine planning for English coastal communities' can help understand the employment needs and social issues of areas within, and bordering, the south marine plan areas.