Proposals within or adjacent to licensed dredging and disposal areas should demonstrate, in order of preference:
- that they will not adversely affect dredging and disposal activities
- how, if there are adverse impacts on dredging and disposal, they will minimise these
- how, if the adverse impacts cannot be minimised they will be mitigated
- the case for proceeding with the proposal if it is not possible to minimise or mitigate the adverse impacts
- This policy should be considered in line with ECO1 and take account of potential cumulative impacts on the ecosystem of the east plan area.
- The map below identifies existing dredging disposal sites within the East marine plan area. A proponent for new dredge sites may wish to provide consultation and/or supporting evidence to decision makers within a proposal which highlight any issues and what steps have been identified in order to minimise or mitigate them.